972.454.9609(m) - email@example.com - Updated 2018-06-09
Senior network transport engineer with several years experience deploying terrestrial long haul DWDM routes. Proficient at managing projects from design to handoff. Particularly well versed with the ALU-N 1830 platform.
Google, Inc.Addison, TXJan 2014 - Present
- Designed, ordered, deployed, and tested several long haul (thousands of km) transport routes
- Activated tens of Tbps on those line systems once built
- Performed complex, multi-vendor migrations of live, traffic-carrying services
- Managed multiple external vendors and contractors and reviewed their work upon completion
- Integrated new platforms into the network as technologies evolved
- Informal leadership role on my team - mentoring new members and training others on DWDM gear
- Generated new processes, standards, scripts, and documentation to improve efficiency of deployments
- Promoted three times over the course of four years
General Datatech, LLCDallas, TXMay 2012 - Dec 2014
- Academy engineer tasked with studying for CCNA, CCNP, etc., then switched to the Optical Engineering team
- Test and turn up of Cisco 15454 MSTP systems, including assisting in circuit planning and transport network design
- Live in-service ROADM upgrades, node insertions and removals, degree additions without loss of traffic
- Documentation – MOPs, customer presentations, close out, etc
- Tools for optical group – C# application that generates fiber labels from CTP design
Texas A&M UniversityCollege Station, TXNov 2009 - May 2012
- Student employee, program manager for Cisco Systems in ENTC department
- Leading a team of students in testing Cisco networking equipment
Cisco SystemsRichardson, TXSummers 2010 - 2011
- College Intern for Cisco Systems Small Business Test Group
- Testing Cisco networking equipment, managing test plans, leading other students
L-3 CommunicationsGreenville, TXSummers 2006 - 2009
- College Intern for Product Development – Hardware group at L-3 Communications
- C#, VHDL, VBA programming; Parts Ordering; Test Aid Design
Skills and Platforms Knowledge
- ALU-Nokia 1830 (OLS, CDC, C+L)***
- Ciena 6500**
- Infinera DTN-X**†
- Cisco NCS 2000 (formerly 15454 MSTP)**†
- Juniper EX3200*
- NSN 7500*
- Exfo FTB200 OSA & BERT**
- ALU EPT up to R9.1***†
- ALU PHM**
- Ciena Site Manager**
- Infinera DNA**†
- CTP/CTC 9.6**†
- Android Platform Development*†
- National Instruments LabVIEW, MultiSim, UltiBoard*†
- Python Scripting**
- Excel / Sheets & VB Macros / Apps Scripts**
- Linux / Bash**
- PPC Assembly*†
*** Very highly experienced
** Moderate experience
* Limited experience
† Dated experience
Texas A&M UniversityCollege Station, TXAugust 2005 - May 2012BA in Electronics Engineering, May 2012
- Focus: Electrical Engineering and Electronic Systems Engineering
- Senior Design Project Manager: leading team of four in forming a small start-up company; designing a low power, embedded, wireless display system; creating a scalable wireless network.
- Relevant courses: Advanced Networking, Advanced Semiconductor Test and Measurement, Control Systems, Embedded Software Systems, Electromagnetic and High Frequency Systems, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Digital Electronics.
Awards, Accomplishments, and Certifications
Certified Fiber Characterization Engineer CFCE0224USAMarch 2013
Top student in fiber characterization course covering CD, PMD, OTDR trace analysis, using JDSU test sets, etc.
Automated Fiber Label Software ToolFebruary 2013
Created a Windows tool in C# to automatically generate fiber label ordering forms from CTP design tool exports.
Academic Excellence AwardMay 2012
Award given to the most outstanding student in Texas A&M Electronic Systems Engineering department. Chosen by program director.
IEEE-Tech Director of OperationsAugust 2011 – May 2012
Elected DO by peers, responsible for managing parts orders, parts kits for the ENTC department, scheduling hours in parts store, and retaining profitability for the parts store.
Cisco A&M Project Achievement (CAPA) AwardAugust 2010
Awarded for leadership and excellence in Cisco student worker position.
1st Place Xilinx Race of ChampionsDecember 2009
Awarded for fastest and most agile robot in competition among students.